VVerdoos
Log in

Forum / General Discussion

Sourcing authentic Caputo flour and San Marzano tomatoes in bulk

Boomba · 9/8/2026, 9:55:46 AM

Where are you guys buying your bulk Tipo 00 flour and real DOP San Marzanos? Local restaurant supply store is charging $48 a bag for Caputo Blue, which feels insane.

3 Replies

Careema

$48 is a robbery. You should be paying around $32-$35 per 55lb bag if you buy pallet quantities. Talk directly to an Italian specialty food distributor in your state. Broadliners charge a premium on imported Italian goods because they don't buy in high enough volume compared to specialty vendors.

9/12/2026, 2:24:45 PM

Vilenka

Yeah, I figured I was getting ripped off. I was checking out various wholesale product lists like https://atlanticfoods.biz/ to see wholesale baseline pricing for imported Italian staples. Definitely need to drop my current local cash-and-carry and set up a proper distribution contract.

9/14/2026, 10:30:33 AM

Boomba

Definitely. If you're using more than 10 bags a week, order by the pallet. Most specialty distributors will give you a break on freight if you hit their minimum pallet weight.

9/14/2026, 10:48:06 AM